Wed May 15
Everybody across the world is now talking about yoga which is the latest advertisement in the fitness industry. Some ages back yoga was misinterpreted to be pervasive only among saints and old aged people. Now yoga has taken an established place in the heart of the young battalion too. Yoga not just keeps you fit but it also has a lot of long-term advantages when you make this an important part of your lifestyle. The advantage of yoga is varied from people to people. The body needs and welcomes active motion. However, the physical benefits from various types of yoga postures reported by people who practice it daily and go much beyond that. They enjoy much better flexibility of the spine and joints, an increase in blood flow and oxygen, better posture and balance, strengthen muscles, reduction of toxins built in the body and good immune system response, etc. Practicing basic yoga poses regularly is very helpful for the perfect fit body and soul. Unlike other daily leadership yoga also highlights the well being of mind and the soul with the help of meditation. If you are willing to experiment it, then start it with the top 10 yoga poses for beginners in your daily schedule and feel the difference in your life.
10 Yoga Poses For Beginners
1. Paschimottanasana (Forward Bending Pose)
- It is a stress reliever.
- It helps in reducing fat deposition in the abdomen.
- It helps in reducing anxiety, anger, and irritability.
- It helps to calm your mind.
- It helps in stretching the spine and brings flexibility.
- It is also good for constipation and digestive disorder.
- It is further useful for increasing height.
- Regular practice enhances sexual power.
- It tones the abdominal organs.
- It also helps in balancing the menstrual cycles.
- This asana is recommended and suggested especially for women, and that too after delivery.
2. Vajrasana ( The Diamond Pose)
Vajrasana is one of the most primary yoga poses and should be practiced by beginners as it is a simple ‘sitting asana.’ This yoga asana helps in easy digestion and strengthens the back and leg muscles and also improves your body posture. It is also a good warm-up exercise and is helpful in performing more complex types of yoga poses.
- It improves digestion and relieves constipation.
- It helps in relieving acidity.
Strengthens your lower back muscles.
- It helps to calm the mind and helps in relaxation.
- Tones the muscles of the hips, thighs and calf muscles.
- It helps in improving blood flow throughout the body.
- It relieves pain for arthritis
3. Bhujangasana( The Cobra Pose)
The term Bhujangasana is a fusion of two Sanskrit words ‘bhujanga’ meaning snake or serpent and asana meaning posture. Bhujangasana is executed by stretching out the muscles in the shoulders, chest, and abdomen and it helps to decrease the stiffness of the lower back and also helps in increasing upper body flexibility.
- It helps in controlling the digestives system and relieves from constipation.
- By doing this on a regular basis spine gets stronger and more flexible.
- It helps in elevating the mood
- It enhances blood circulation.
- It also retrieved menstrual irregularities in women.
- It helps in strengthening muscles of the chest, shoulders, arms, and abdomen.
- It helps in diminishing sciatica and asthma
4. Padmasana ( The Lotus Pose)
This is the meditative type of yoga pose, so it is best if you perform it in the morning. That doesn’t obligate that you cannot meditate it in the evening. But it’s mandatory to perform on an empty stomach. If not there should be a minimum gap of 4-6 hours after and more importantly, colons should be clean as well.
- Helps in unlocking up the hips, stretches the knees and ankles, and makes joints and ligaments flexible.
- It helps in increasing concentration and also calms the brain.
- It facilitates menstrual discomfort.
- It helps in boosting the spine, pelvis, abdomen, and bladder.
- It relieves the body and restores energy levels.
- It helps in burning the unwanted fat from the hips and the thighs.
- It facilitates blood flow.
- It helps to heal sciatica.
- It is also productive for preserving the vital fluids in the body.
- It prohibits abdominal diseases and reproductive disorders in women.
5. Dhanurasana ( The Bow Pose)
This type of yoga asana must be performed on an empty stomach or after 4-6 hours of an interval from food. This is also known as the bow pose and needs stretching of abdomen, thorax, thighs, ankles, groin, throat, the front of the body, etc. This is a very primary yoga pose and there is nothing as difficult as it looks. It strengthens your back muscles and it is advantageous in many ways.
- It helps to improve digestion and appetite.
- It also helps to cure dyspepsia, rheumatism and gastrointestinal issues.
- It helps to solve constipation.
- It enhances blood circulation.
- It strengthens the back muscles.
- It improves the functioning of the liver, pancreas, small intestine, and large intestine.
- It acts as a stress reliever.
- It nourishes ankles, thighs, groins, chest, and abdominal organs.
- It prevents menstruation disorders.
- It improves kidney and liver tasks.
- It also helps in relieving back pain.
- It prevents respiratory disorders like asthma.
- It is helpful in stimulating reproductive organs.
6. Chakrasana ( The Wheel Pose)
This pose is assumed that it resembles a wheel when posed. So, therefore, it is also known as the Chakrasana or the Wheel Pose, apart from this it is also being called the Upward Facing Bow Pose. This asana is outstanding for the flexibility of the spine.
- It improves oxygen flow to the lungs.
- It decreases stress and tension in the body and helps the eyesight to becomes sharp.
- This yoga posture strengthens the back and also increases the elasticity of the spine.
- It helps to burn fat in the abdomen area and tones the muscles and advertises better functioning of digestive and reproductive organs.
- It helps to strengthen the muscles of the hands and the legs.
- It also induces the endocrine glands and balances the metabolism.
- It boosts the brain cells and refreshes the brain.
- It solves the menstrual problems in women.
- It energizes the liver, spleen, and kidneys.
- It purifies the blood and gives good mental peace and clarity of thoughts and removes the tiredness.
7. Sarvangasana ( The Shoulder Stand Pose)
Sarvangasana is one of the best yoga postures among the top 10 yoga poses for beginners. This includes balancing the whole body on the shoulders. As the name itself tells, this yoga pose manipulates the functioning of all parts of your body. It is referred to as ‘Queen of asanas’ as it is highly beneficial and advantageous for both mental and physical health.
- It heals hernia.
- It is good for thyroid disorder as it improvises the blood flow to the thyroid gland.
- Sexual disorders are also cured through this yoga asana.
- It solves disorders in the ears, nose, and throat.
- It prevents hair loss and premature graying of hair are controlled.
8. Halasana ( The Plow Pose)
Halasana is the little-advanced type of yoga poses for beginners as it can cause a great deal of muscle trauma if it is not executed correctly and in order. The word Halasana means ‘plow’ and ‘posture’ in Sanskrit. Halasana is used to treat reproductive problems, especially in women.
- Therapeutic for cramps in legs
Stimulates the thyroid, parathyroid, throat, lungs, and abdominal organs
- Helps to relieve gas and upper/lower back pain or discomfort
- Good for better digestion
Helps to stretch-out shoulders and the spine
- It is therapeutic for menopause, infertility, insomnia, and headache.
- It relieves stress and fatigue
9. Matsyasana ( The Fish Pose)
It is also termed as the fish pose if it is carried out in the water, it allows the body to float easily just like a fish; hence the name. Matsyasana is perfect for the thyroid gland which is found at the base of the neck and helps in improving mood fluctuations.
- It stretches your deep hip flexors and intercostals.
- It relieves tension in your neck, throat, and shoulders.
- It helps in stretching and tones the front of your neck and your abdominals.
- It helps in stretching and boosts the organs of your belly and throat.
- It strengthens your upper back and the back of your neck.
- It relieves and prevents stress and irritation.
- It improves body posture.
Good for asthma, spasms in the bronchial tubes, and other respiratory issues.
10. Trikonasana ( The Triangle Pose)
This asana is similar to a triangle and known to stretch the muscles and improve the regular bodily functions. Unlike most yoga postures, it demands to keep the eyes open to sustain body balance.
- It helps in strengthening the knees, ankles, legs, chest, and arms.
- It totally stretches and opens up the groins, hips, hamstrings, and calves and also the chest, spine, and shoulders.
- It also helps in balancing both physical and mental stability.
- It improves digestion and boosts all the abdominal organs.
- It helps to reduce back pain and sciatica.
- It is known for its services as a therapy for flat feet, osteoporosis, neck pain, and infertility.