Fri Jan 25
If wedding planning is all about having an elaborate plan in the best of the budget, we could take a guess at how skillfully a wedding planner would plan her own wedding. Shreemaya and Mandar (#Shandar), who own Atulyasangam, a wedding planning firm in Mumbai are to host a fun-filled series of wedding functions and all of it at optimum spends.
The couple met 7 years ago through Just Dial and started their own events agency in the year 2012. After 7 years of courtship, they are tying the knot on 17th December 2018. This wedding is dramatic, it is filmy, and sporty a joyous package and it is ‘Shandaar’, all of it in a budget of Rupees Thirty Lacs only!
Below are a few highlights of the wedding, which make this millennial couple’s wedding as much fun as it could be:
1. Catholic theme during the ring ceremony- reflecting the love for different cultures and thinking beyond religion.
2. Bollywood theme of the 90’s movies: A selfie booth with a glass cut out of Filmfare magazine, for guests to pose as celebrities.
3. Tradition and Culture: Marathi Dance themes (the groom being Maharashtrian), Dhol and Tabla being played during Mehendi, Bridal Entry in a Doli and Bridal Lehenga with Traditional Marwar work displaying Marwari Culture (bride being Marwari) and rituals of both cultures are to be followed
4. Themes and Ambience:
– Lotus theme is followed for all décor at the wedding
– Lights ambiance is made using original candles
– Cricket match called Shandar Premier League is being played between the two parties
How did they arrange for all this and in how much time?
“Being a wedding planner this came really easy to us, says Shreemaya Bharadwaj, the bride to be. “We had always discussed how our wedding should be all through the years and now it was all plug and play. We had the relevant connects and our experience of 4+ years in creating fun and joyful themes in weddings definitely added to our excitement. I have seen and worked for more than 60 weddings till date. Now is going to be our big day, which Mandar and I are really looking forward to!”